Robotics is at the forefront of new technology and will form an integral part of the future. Mount Baker Secondary School Wild Robotics Club students design, build, and operate a task specific robot in response to the Skills Canada technical challenge. The challenge changes each year, and is given to the students in September.
Robotics Club students learn, through hands-on experience, valuable project management skills; starting with conceptualization and design, and moving through prototyping and troubleshooting to successful completion. The students learn about electronic, mechanical, pneumatic, metal, wood, and plastic design and fabrication.
Robotics Club students build successful working partnerships with businesses in the community, and learn to present technical information and funding requests. In order for the students to build these relationships, they develop leadership skills by learning effective time management, teamwork, goal setting, and by learning how to facilitate meetings and make effective presentations. The students gain valuable leadership and life skills.
- Skills Canada National Bronze (2015/2016)
- Skills Canada Provincial Gold and Bronze (2015/2016)
- Skills Canada Provincial Gold and Silver (2014/2015)
- Skills Canada Provincial Silver and Bronze (2013/2014)
- Skills Canada Provincial Gold (2012/2013)
- Skills Canada National Bronze (2012/2013)
- Skills Canada Provincial Silver (2011/2012)